Blogging for Me

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. -

Cyril Connolly, author  (1903-1974)

I do not know how many of you watch 'Criminal Minds'.  I have friends who think it is way too gory, but I really enjoy it.  One of the features of the show that I really like is the quotations that are used at the end of the show.  The one above was used last night in reference to a 'goth star' who only ever wanted to just sing.

Way back when I started this blog (two months ago) I said I was doing it just for me.  And I am.  My goal was not to have a hundred followers.  I follow two blogs and have not signed up as a follower on either of them.  I do not have a Facebook page, do not Tweet, and have not become anyone's 'friend'.

Blogging, and even working, should be done for as much personal enjoyment as one can get out of it.  Otherwise, what is the point? 

As an aside, another of Connolly's quotes is : "Inside every fat man, there is a thin man struggling to get out."  Another topic for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...