Roundabouts - Part One

OK.  I could write an entire blog about my experiences in West Bloomfield's roundabouts.  Now that I am retired, I find myself driving through them all the time.  So, we'll do one thing at a time.

Yesterday, I was sitting in an establishment at Farmington and Maple.  I heard a woman say that she liked the roundabouts because you no longer had to stop. 

OK.  I've seen this driver.  The one who comes barreling up to the yield sign and whips right into traffic, despite the fact that they must see other cars waiting to enter.  I guess their hope is that everyone else will stop for them.  The gentleman she was talking to told her that in the roundabout you must hope that the other person knows what to do, especially if you don't. 

That's how I figure it.  One wonders what would happen if all of these people who don't know what 'Yield' means were to drive up to the roundabout at the same time.  YIKES! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...