The veins have popped

Hello all.  Happy dance!  This pear design was one that I always kept to the front of the stash as one of my favorites smalls.  Even though I have been frustrated at times, questioning whether picking up the needle after so many years would be enjoyable, shying away from over one and higher linen counts, I chose this.  Didn't make any sense to do so, but menobrain does foolish things at times.  Except for the algerian eye and long arm cross border, all done on 36 count over one.  And I survived with not a match in sight.  So here's my finish ...
Not sure if I want to add chenille trim or not, and I don't know where this little thing will be displayed.  I love pears and will probably have this in with my beeswax and pomanders. 

I'm just glad it's over!  My goodness that was tedious for me.  I'm still working outside quite a bit, and sitting to relax with a few stitches was certainly not the case with this fruit.  My shoulders and neck would tighten and it was just not enjoyable at all.  But I did it.  And I will never do it again!  There is a positive outcome of wanting to pick a project now, feeling it will be easy and fun.  Of course it will be over 2 and on 30 count, but that's me.    This is me, too...


My mom's wieners!  Love these things on a bun or a plate.  It started with leftover hot dogs from a picnic. 









She would brown lots of sliced onions....    slice and brown the leftover cooked dogs...
 












Add them together, throw in some ketchup, and there you have it. 

Mom's leftover wieners.  I've even thrown them in a crock pot for a party.  You can eat them as is, or add whatever you want on a bun.  I've used Ball Park's fat free, Angus, and even mixed them.  My favorite is Smith's but I can't find them anymore.





So that's what is happening here.  Still not finished outside but closing in.  I ran out of flagstone to complete the front and can't locate any more at a stone supplier.  I was told it is against the law in PA (Fish and Boat Commission?) to take those flat stones out of even the smallest of creeks, so I'm not taking any chances.  People can obviously be responsible for the death of a child and go free, but I would be in jail for taking a rock.  So thanks for reading, visiting, and bearing with me.  I promised you I would do better and I expect to keep it.  Not sure what will be next but I'll post the new project soon.  I recently saw the Scarlett House's Coverlet Birds completed and forgot all about ordering that chart, so I need to do that and browse a little for a few more.  The recent Attic's newsletter has featured Scarlet Letter charts and I just love that Sarah Brown.  And of course many more!  You could make a whole day of perusing the offerings.  I still haven't had the time to go through all the beauties on the Antique Samplers site.  But as soon as I pilfer a few flat stones, I should have lots of time sitting in that cell.  Think they'll let me have my laptop? 
Have a good week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...