Lydia for now and the dress that just won't leave

Hello dear people.  Hope everyone is well and able to tolerate this weather in the states.  As humans (most of us) we are able to find help of some sort through neighbors and family, so I become upset about the poor animals, wild and strays, that have no help and no water.  The older I get, the more it bothers me!

On to sweet Lydia.  There are only two colors in this design and after completing 3021, I found my 640 and remembered that this is one of the colors that has changed quite a bit over the years.  The newer is the greenish hue and I chose the more brown.  Here she is for now, in the box that I made years ago.

She fits perfectly and may just stay here, but we all know what a ditz I am.  I was considering a pocket with a thin rope handle hanging from the last monster basket I purchased.   I'm really liking this for now and at least she is displayed while I decide.  I think that's what is great about finding something different for display. They aren't hidden away while awaiting their final resting place. 
My iron's plate was all burned and gunked from interfacings and scorching, so much that even Bar Keeper's Friend wouldn't help.  Bar Keeper's is the absolute best and really cleans stainless cookware and sinks, so I tried it since the soleplate is also stainless.   Nothing.  So I got out this product and couldn't believe it.  Gone.  Easily!  I put a little on a Q-tip to get into the plate's dimples and all is now shiny and clean.  The iron is very hot while cleaning so I used a spray bottle and kept spritzing water until all residue was removed and it had cooled.   Beautiful!
And now for the dress that won't leave.  I've had it for probably as long as I've been married which is 42 years.  It was so hard to find clothes back then long enough for my height and I found this to the floor halter dress in a specialty shop. 











It's fabric is crisp, kind of seersucker, completely wrinkle resistant, and has a bottom sweep that makes you feel like Ginger Rogers.  I just can't bring myself to get rid of it!  I considered having it shortened to mid calf but I'm afraid it will change the fall of the permanent pleats.  So it lives in my closet, can be rolled into a ball, and open up as fresh and crisp as can be.  Maybe that's it?  I'm fascinated by the fabric?
One more thing.  Please do not order shark fin soup.  I caught the extremely disturbing video of cutting out the shark's fins while they are alive, and dumping them back into the ocean to sink and die.  Their fins are to them as our arms and legs are to us.  Horrifying.  No creature whether I like them or not should be so brutally mutilated.  I'm sorry to bring this up, but I was completely unaware of this and thought I would pass it along.  I'm done.  
I hope you're having a good week and staying safe.
Thank you for visiting, back to Eunice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...