What would I do without Google? - Follow up

Last week I was driving down Orchard Lake Road and saw a sign that said:  West Bloomfield Art Fair  May 1

I thought it was odd that an art fair would only be one day.  I called and left a voice mail with a friend who I thought might know the reasoning of a one-day show.  She called and said that the fair was both Saturday and Sunday.  Another friend said it was a fair that moved from Orchard Lake to West Bloomfield.

Turns out they are both wrong.  I decide to google 'West Bloomfield Art Fair'.  As it happens there is a one day show in West Acres (is that what the sign said as I passed by at 45 miles per hour?) on May 1.  Although, many people driving down Orchard Lake Road would not even know where that is.

The art fair on Orchard Lake Road is:  July 30, 31 & August 1
8th Annual Orchard Lake Fine Art Show
West Bloomfield - new location!
Powers & Daly Roads, between 14 & 15 Mile

So, the Orchard Lake Art Show is in West Bloomfield, but not really on Orchard Lake Road. 
 
I learned all this on the internet.  I would have called Town Hall and asked someone, but while going to their website for another reason, I discovered that their offices were closed.  Unfortunately, I would only know that their offices were closed if I actually walked up to the door or went to the website.
 
Good thing I have a computer and internet access.  Thank you Google.

Follow-Up:  I have been told the sign just says 'Art Fair May 1'.  Huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...