Talkin' Loud and Sayin' Nothin'

I do not listen to speeches.  With the exception of the inauguration of our new Governor this year, it is a very rare occurrence for me.  No State of the Union, Inauguration Day, State of the Township, whatever.  To me it is just a lot of talk.

Someone writes a speech and some great orator delivers it.  How is this different than watching a really good movie performance?  Movie over and I am on my way home.  Speech over and I am shaking my head going, 'Yeah, right'.

Two years ago I was in DC and my traveling companion wanted to watch the state of the union speech.  Torture.  Pure torture.  Where are my earplugs when I need them?

Many years ago I went to a Chamber of Commerce luncheon where the Supervisor was giving her state of the township address.  It was all 'I did this and I did that'.  What were the rest of the board members?  Chopped liver?  Did we have nothing to do with any accomplishments?

After my divorce and re-entry into the dating world, all of my friends gave me advice to 'Watch what a man does, not what he says'.  I say we should apply that to all of the politicians out there.  Maybe we'd make better choices at the voting booth, not just the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...