I always used a pin on the backing fabric to pull the corners out and with the facing, it made it easier. What a difference compared to when I fused lighter interfacing to the whole piece.
So here is the ornament, ready to be stitched close in record time without the aggravation. I used to stitch across the bottom corners and leave an opening to turn and stuff, but this is so much easier. I imagine I could follow this method without stitching back to front. Just fuse and turn the seams in on each piece, and then hand sew shut on four sides, even attaching trim at the same time. This Aida was fused with the Craft Fuse #808 from Pellon, and Decor Bond #809 on a lighter fabric. Both of these worked very well.
As usual, you probably already know this! But I have to say I'm thrilled to discover this now. Thank goodness I asked her! I don't think it's a fluke that these test pieces came out so well and I'm expecting my Santas and other projects to finish as nicely. Jobelan is the Santa ornament fabric that I will be working on next and I doubt if I have any scraps left to test. I'm confident enough to just use the stitched piece. Hopefully, you'll be seeing a bunch of ornaments looking pretty fine!!! As I type this, Woody Wood****** is bringing in pieces of straw to the hole he just drilled, even though it's only as deep as the siding and not big enough to get in. I'm not sure what will break first - the window I keep pounding on or the fist pounding it.
Have a good week! Thanks for reading!!