Linen and flowers and charts, oh my!

Hi all.  I want to thank everyone for sending me the helpful links on over one stitching.   I'm glad I mentioned the problem, otherwise, I would not have known there is a solution.  But thanks to all of you, I won't be having a problem with slipping stitches!   Again, I appreciate your help and guidance. 

No big projects yet....still favoring Lucy Redd....Mary Oldfield?   Decided to play with this tiny (4x6) one from Hinzeit. 

There are 12 colors in this small sampler!  Should be pretty nice, maybe become a note pad cover or a small booklet of some sort.  Maybe not.  But it'll be quick, that's for sure.   I really don't know which linen I'm using, but it's stiff.  Really stiff.  That's OK with me because I don't like the soft linens, especially on the lower counts.  Since most of my samplers were Scarlet Letter's,  I used her linen or one similar and never thought to keep a record.  Now, I will keep a small swatch and note the name, color, and count so I don't have to continue this guesswork. 
I started going through the fabrics and charts and what a disaster this will be.  To give you an idea, here's the Santa/Christmas charts.... 

There's Mary Beale, Alma Lynn, Cinnamon Stick, Homespun Elegance, Boehringer, Major, Sew Fine, Schooler, Victorians and on and on.  I didn't realize how ridiculous this will be.  Not only can I not list photos (the page would be overloaded), but how would I keep track of who's what's where?  Maybe I should group them and put on Ebay.  At least I have a record of purchaser's address and it's a lot easier for a large number as this.  There's not as many of non-holiday charts which will be easier to deal with.  As for the fabric, there's a lot of Jobelan, and several piece of Lugana.  I think I will make three lots, comment if you want them, and I'll draw a name for each if need be.  Postage only.

I took a few shots of flowers to show you how I "recycle" my old pots.  I hate to load up landfills with metals, so I drilled my old aluminum pots, and enameled canner, and used them as pots. 

My large old stainless fry pans are filled with water for the birds and critters, minus the handles.  Very easy to clean.  And here's what makes the flowers do fabulous...
The ratio is 1 Tbsp to 1 gallon, but I put 1/2 to 1 tsp. in every gallon and use it all the time instead of once a week.    These are my watering cans.  
Again, no recycling here so I hate to throw them out.  I fill them and keep them in the shrubs or around the deck, so when I need to water I don't have to search for the can and hose.  These also make great greenhouses in early spring to get a head start.  Any plastic gallon jug will do.  Cut the bottom off and press it into the ground over your tomato plants, leaving the lids off.  As soon as the weather warms, remove.  Here's what this method of fertilizing does for my flowers..


This is where I quit on the outside projects.


I filled the step sides with "good" dirt, planted Ajuga Black Scallop ground cover, and never got to add more base and do the stones.  My landscaper, as cute as he is, did the grass planting and will finish the stones for me, as well as lay the stones for a small patio area in the back.    Oh - one more thing - this is for Fiona.  Your Google setting is for "no-reply" so I can't email back!   In answer to your question about the chenille.....You can go to http://www.quiltersstation.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=158 for a 20 yard spool, or you can purchase on EBay from seller 2500nancy, and also from http://www.countrystitchesonline.com/ under accessories.  Hope this gets to you!!

That's it.  Sorry.  Some times a girl just has to ramble.  Girl?  WHAT??  Too much chocolate?  Or coffee?  Whatever - too much other stuff and not enough stitching!!  Have a great weekend everyone - thanks for reading - happy stitching!






No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...