Welcome to Utah and Bryce Canyon

We leave Lake Powell in Page, AZ and head up into Utah.  We make a stop (bathroom break) in Kanab where we find a complete movie set.  This is not something you see in Michigan.  I don't care how many movies they make here, Boyne Mt cannot compete.





Back in the coach and off to Bryce Canyon.  While the ideal time to be here would be sunrise (5:15 am), that ain't going to happen.  So, we arrive midday to view the what the NPS jokingly calls 'the world's biggest pothole'.  Formed by freeze-thaw cycles and not a river, it is truly a thing of beauty:



Several years ago at Arts, Beats, and Eats in Pontiac, I purchased a photo of Bryce Canyon called 'Could be Castles'  by Don Ament.  It hangs in my foyer and I have wanted to go to Bryce ever since I first saw the photo.  I was not disappointed when I got there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...