Updates

1. Update 9/21/2010:  Let's 'Do the Math.'

Back to my blog about the Ponzi scheme.  I give you 250,000 for an investment lasting roughly 420 days based on a 360 day calendar year.  I earn 10,323 in interest.  My effective yield is 3.54%.  Really?  Banks were paying that in 2009? 

My internet search did not show me historical CD offering rates, although I am sure they exist someplace.  But I do know that when I left government in November, 2008, rates were not that high.  And they sure were not going up in 2009.  A 'red flag' anyone?

2.  Update 9/22/2010:  More Interviews

The West Bloomfield Township Board now has six candidate interviews for Police Chief on three different days, but no names are shown.  You can check the agendas online.

3.  Update 9/17/2010:  Just keep rolling along

Another bill was introduced affecting local government.  If enacted, HB 6464, which is tie-barred to HB 6465, would place new requirements on local units when they adopt and amend their budgets.  No provision for funding the mandate, of course.  Why worry about Headlee provisions?  Units not complying would lose state shared revenue.  

Actually, I think this bill should be tie-barred to SB 1464.  That one adds 'giant hogweed' to the definition of noxious weeds.  I could come up with some good descriptions of 'giant hogweeds'.  You know.  The term-limited kind?

4. Update 9/11/2010  Not prime-time for me

Seems like the voters in Michigan can make the popcorn and watch our gubernatorial candidates debate.  Well, count me out.  Do I really need to hear this?  I think not.

5.  Update 8/27/2010  Making Music?

Still no settlement between the DSO and the musicians.  Unfortunately, this is a business with a product that fewer people are willing to buy.  And in that case, you do what you have to do to stay in business.  They all understand that, right?  If not, my CDs are ready to spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...