A little bit of stitching

Hello Ladies and Gents.  Just wanted to say that even though it has been a busy week, I have managed a little stitching on Santa and should finish him tonight.

We went to the Antiques in the Woods show at Shaker Woods Saturday and didn't find a lot of items but got a few bargains.  A pumpkin gourd, three others I can possibly use for painting,






















some Indian corn, and two sweet little wood bowls.

We got out of there just before a deluge hit.  The rain didn't last very long but what fell in that short time was significant.  The grounds are all gravel in this wooded venue, and as always at this time of year, lots of yellow jackets and other bees swarming.  My husband is allergic and carries a kit....well, SHOULD be carrying his kit, but one is in his golf bag and the other at work.    It brought back an embarrassing incident.  Years ago, when I was giving his medical information to a nurse, she asked if he had ever been hospitalized. 
I replied "yes". 
"For what", she asked. 
"Prophylactic shock", I calmly offered.
......................?????? (insert long silence)
"WHAT?"
"Prophylactic shock", again.
More silence and pause, with a puzzled look on her face.
"So he's allergic to condoms????" she asked.
"What?  Condoms!  No - he's allergic to bees!"
After she picked herself off the floor and stopped laughing, 
she said  "That's anaphylaxis shock!"
............................
"I know that.  Shock is shock".
I think I gave the nurses' at that station (and throughout the hospital) a good laugh.   Needless to say, husband was a little embarrassed.  Hey!  Neither word was common in my vocabulary and in my defense they do sound similar!

That about wraps it up for now.  You'll see which sampler I picked in a few days.  Although today is a sad day of remembrance, I wish you all a good week.  Thank you for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...