Catching up

I have been back in town for 24 hours and have finally unpacked my bags.  I did not say that everything is back in place, just that nothing is left in the suitcases.  Amazing that I can go away for eight days on a plane with a carry-on, but put me in a car for five days and I pack two bags plus whatever I throw on the seat.  (Which made getting the spare out of the trunk a whole lot of fun.)

I spent a good deal of my time today reading the news I missed, either online or in the printed papers.  I refuse to stay connected while vacationing unless there is really something I need to do.  When I was working, I stayed in touch with my staff while in Australia (a bit of a trick since we were on different days and 14 hours apart in time) and while on a cruise during Hurricane Lenny in the Caribbean.  Not so much anymore. 

I used to tell people that since I did not have a red phone next to my bed that the world would revolve just fine without me.  And while old news is still old, I always check to see if I missed anything.  One of the days the Oakland Press did an article about bloggers where I was mentioned.  I have never kept a scrapbook of news clippings, so it will go out with the rest of the papers tomorrow in the recycle bin. 

Apparently I missed the Oakland Press survey on roundabouts.  Well, place me in the 'hate them' column unless it is 2 am and I am all alone in one.  I am still trying to figure out the point of moving drivers through in a non-stop fashion only to have traffic back up further along the way for over one mile as it did today on Maple from Haggerty.  So, when they work, they just create another traffic problem.  You might want to visit the State's website for roundabout information.  While there, take the survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...