Insubordination? or Arrogance?

The following comments that I will quote were made by the West Bloomfield Chief of Police at the Tuesday Board meeting in regard to a request from the Personnel Committee, at a previous meeting, for a department plan when the Chief was requesting four new officers:

"I didn't have a plan, why should I change it.  I have a good department running right now. Why should I change it?  Because you people want me to change it?  I won't change it for you...It's my viewpoints that are counting here... If you back out of this Mrs. O'Shaunessy, I will be very disappointed with you... I will be extremely upset..."

I am pretty sure that if I was an 'at-will' employee at any other municipality or company, I would find myself on the street the next morning.  Just who is running West Bloomfield?

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...