If you're running out of wall space...

check this out!!  Hello people.  I've been playing again.  When I was measuring the Hinckley/Bliss small samplers for mounting, the numbers sounded familiar. 

 Aha!  A real sampler box!  You know I couldn't stop there.  My favorite of all the other ways of displaying samplers is my sliding box.  LOVE.
So I continued....
 

I'm liking this.  Warning....this post may be photo heavy!
The nice thing about this?  My fabric is still intact, just folded back.  If I ever want to frame it, there is plenty to mount.  A good way to display your finishes that are out of sight, waiting for a frame!  The smaller Hinckley sampler also fit perfectly on the little 4" round box, but I'm tired of them.   So here we go..




I still have it in my head to try a tall glass cylinder with ornaments (or a single sampler), filled with dried fruits or greens for Christmas but this is a small jar from a candle.  We all know to slice the remaining wax and stick the entire jar in the freezer to make it easy to remove what's left.  I usually let it melt down and pour it out before freezing - pops out easier.  I love these jars with the lids.  Too short though, so I moved it to the outside of this one, and like it.  Again, extra fabric is pressed to the back.  This is easy for small projects, but my larger pieces waiting for a decision are pressed and draped across the back of a chair, hung over a basket, taped to a cupboard door.
I keep standing up, putting down, standing up, putting down, but I like how this injects stitched pieces that don't need to be put into something, hung, or lost in the display. 
 And can anyone tell me what this is?
It's scratchy and I found it with some wool.  I checked samplerfarmer's Webshots and saw her Pineberry Lane Wool finish and remembered that I have a little bag of raw wool. Now I know what to do with it!  She also finished the Catherine Metcalf sampler and in case you didn't see it on Pinterest, you can see it here.  I think I'm missing a lot by not viewing Pinterest but when I entered Catherine Metcalf, Metcalf sampler, samplerfarmer, yadda yadda, I got zippo.  I'll learn eventually but don't need to be engrossed in more photos until I get things completed around here.

I'm on my way to the local antique store for a box they are holding.  It's so ugly.  Brass straps, goofy legs, modern handles.  But I can see all that removed, holes filled, painted, distressed, possibly stenciled, little bun feet attached, and the solid cedar box will be a looker. 
Another beautiful day here, hope yours goes well, have a great weekend, thank you thank you for visiting!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...