Just some stuff

Greetings!  If you are living close to the tornado and storm areas, I hope you and yours are all safe.   The May 31, 1985 F5's that went through several states, swept right down the road from us and took our best friend.  A surreal scene when going through the destroyed areas.  So whenever I hear of these, my heart goes out to the residents.
I've been working on boxes and will hopefully have seven sets for sale this Sunday evening.  Most of my time has been taken up with redesigning the kitchen.  I'm finally getting around to redecorating and will bore you with photos and details of progress.  This time, we will not be DIYers.   I also hired a young man (a gorgeous young man whose family adopted the dog I rescued) to make the cupboards and furniture pieces that I should be making myself.  I will eventually, but for now, this recent trade school graduate (carpentry) will make some extra cash.
I wanted to show you these baskets I got at Pat Catan's during their 50% sale.  I love the size and will find samplers to fit.  They hang nicely on doors or doorknobs and are really a good size  Ready....$5.00!!!  $4 for the smaller one.  So I bought several.  I plan on brushing them with paint and aging them a bit.  But a bargain, no???

 
I also wanted to show you this grapevine tree.  I've seen them in shops this size for several hundred dollars.  Are you kidding me?  So if you would like one, here's how to do it cheap.  Decide the height you would like your tree, and purchase two heavy gauge tomato cages that size.  Stack them on top of each other, wire the loose ends to a point.   You can wire cross members of scrap wood on the inside but I don't.  I put a few rocks on the bottom of the cage to secure and then started wrapping the vines.  You'll need a lot!!  I used fresh and stripped the leaves as I was wrapping.  You can use them in the fall after the leaves drop too.  Secure with wire where you think you need to as you move up or down the cage.  I don't think it matters where you start.  I've made small ones, and this is the largest.  You will need to put felt or tape on the bottom so it doesn't scratch the floor, or set it on a rug.  I added the lights, but it's not necessary.  This was made for my front porch and it may make it out there this summer.














Oh, one other thing.  Here's my new ort bag.
There's no room for threads.  I really need to stop this chocolate addiction.

Hope you have a great weekend.  Hopefully, I'll have the time to catch up on your blogs tomorrow.
Thank you very much for taking the time to visit.  I'll be back Sunday evening. 
  

Until then, here's the herd enjoying the nice weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...