Do You XM?

I do not drive my car a lot.  When I do, I usually listen to classical music on XM radio.  But that will likely come to an end next winter when my paid subscription runs out.  Dealing with XM has been a nightmare from day one.

The latest incident was with a bill I received yesterday.  In September I renewed for five months and received a bill due on October 10.  I paid the bill and the check was cashed on October 4.  The bill I received yesterday showed a past due amount and another invoice fee of $2.00.  What?  I already paid.

I spent over 45 minutes on the phone with them this morning talking to three different people, one of whom only spoke Spanish.  I obviously got transferred off to someone who would have no clue what I was talking about.

The explanation was this.  Because they had to rebill me (for the payment I already made BEFORE the due date), the invoice fee was due.  BUT, they would kindly 'waive' it this time. 

So, let me get this straight.  I paid the bill by the due date.  The company cashed the check.  They rebilled me before the original due date and, therefore, generated another fee.  Hey, why not just send a bill every day?

The sad part is that the people you talk to have no clue what you are trying to explain to them.  They also seem to have no superiors available to speak to.  It is no wonder so many people I know just let the free subscription they get with their new cars expire, even when they enjoyed the music.  It saves a lot of grief.

Well, next road trip I'll just pack the CDs.

Click here to read about others' experiences with XM

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...