World Wide Blogging

After a letter to the editor appeared in yesterday's Oakland Press from a disgruntled resident in West Bloomfield, someone asked my why don't people just deal with the township directly.  I replied that that the person was already upset from dealing with them and now wanted to let others in Oakland County and elsewhere know of their experience.  The newspaper is effective.  The internet blogs are even more effective.

In the last 24 hours, folks in the Phillipines, Germany, Denmark, Hong Kong and Slovenia have read my blog.  (I am guessing it was someone in Hong Kong who suggested I buy white flower embrocation oil for my arthritis.  Actually, I've tried products with menthol, but can't tolerate the smell.) 

I have a good following in the Netherlands, second only to the USA.  Go figure.  And Canada and Brazil.

The response I got from the initial inquiry regarding the letter was that now everyone in the world will know about West Bloomfield, good and bad.  Well, word gets around.  This morning the Detroit News ran an article about the homeless moving to Ann Arbor and setting up tent camps.  Word of the accommodations and social services there travels by 'word of mouth'.  Imagine if these homeless had the internet and a blog.

Like it or not, our world is not what it was when we were growing up in the 50's.  It is all interconnected with other countries on some level.  But that is the future subject of another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...