Finally! Completed sewing bag..

I'm back.  I fixed my computer by myself!  I went to the manufacturer's website, looked up my problem, and followed their solution.  I printed all the important steps to take in case I crash again, including the hard reset (never heard of it).  Very easy to do, but I had already decided on a full recovery.  Using F8 for safe mode and F11 for the restore was all I needed.  It was pretty simple to go into System Backup and Recovery (never knew I had it) and take it back to the original state.  Removes all viruses and problems, but it takes a long while to run as does restoring your personal files.   I followed the backup instructions and regained my address book, favorites, pictures, everything!  There's still some tweaking to do on layouts and such but I don't have to drop some dimes for a repair/replace.  

The lovely Stacy bag is finished....thank God!!! 

What a fiasco I had with this small project from start to finish.  I should have known - something was trying to tell me to stay away by hiding her from me for so long!  But it's over.  The machine sewing was ripped and redone several times, in keeping with the theme of this project.  This is the inside..

I added the little red felt heart for needles but haven't stitched it in yet.  Maybe I will, maybe I won't.
I changed the color of the dog to our Labs' colors.  Ive been so tempted recently to cuddle with a fat little furball.  I donate to all our animal charities here, but stay away from the fairs.  Too risky.  It would be like taking a tour of our local chocolate factory - from which a load is brought home.
  Another day or two working on this machine and I will decide what to start next.  There is a BIG sampler that's been on my mind but I doubt if I will start it now.  Probably back to the pear or something small again.  But the next time I am determined to stitch a design and it disappears, you won't find me looking very hard! 
We had three days of sunshine - a break in the continuous rain - and now have a little variety - rain, torrential rain, steady rain, and light rain.  So dark and dreary all the time and it's been that way since winter.  Hopefully, if they're right, we have a break coming on Friday, and then back to rain through next week.  We had a lot of work done last summer with new plantings and I'm afraid the trees will not make it in this swamp of clay.  But once again, there are so many others in much worse condition, the terrible flooding in the farmlands, the devastation from the recent tornadoes, and I'm still thinking about the people of Japan.    Right now we have more warnings and it is so dark and scary.  Better shut down and shut up.  Stay safe everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...