Antique Samplers

This photo is from the Antique Samplers.org site homepage.   It's their featured sampler, Margaret Jack.

Hello all you stitchers who are actually working on a project, big or small, with enthusiasm and intent to complete, along with the desire to pick up another project at the same time, or if not, to at least be contemplating the next design to be worked, colors of linen dancing in your head, choices of threads dangling from the chosen fabric, excitement at the first few stitches of colors on that blank canvas, driven to continue on as the design comes to life, the bittersweet final stitch......
Sounds like fun - so what's my problem?  I'm still not ready to commit to a larger project.  In fact, I've been so busy with outdoor hard labor that I really haven't had time or energy to focus on a project.  Contractors promise they will show up for work, and then make you wait and wait.   Back to stitching.  I haven't visited Antique Samplers for quite some time, but did this evening.  I even forgot that you have to click the years at the bottom of the page to browse.  Amazing wonderful samplers.  I started at 1826 -1850 because I'm the type that starts a magazine from the back.   Ann Bowness,  Ann Campbell,  Agness Buchanan,  Christian Cochrane and SO many others that have houses or buildings as focal points, which is what attracts me to a larger sampler.  Quite a bit of interesting information on samplers also, well worth revisiting.  As you know, you can spend hours clicking on each one.   I'll be doing just that, hoping for motivation.  My goal is to continue with smalls, but also have a larger project started.  Lucy Redd is what I chose but .....  not sure what the but is!  Procrastination?  Probably.  Preoccupation with turning 60?   BINGO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...