I'm stitching!!!

Hello everyone.  I finished my little sampler bag/pouch/pocket.  Here it is....


I like it!  SO much easier when it's not fabric that needs stretched to be straight, interfacing, lining, and fleece!  This is much more my style and as someone once told me - stick to what you like!  It works.   I enjoyed it so much that I am doing another on the saffron colored linen.  Here's the lining I used. 

Not sure how the color of this fabric is showing so here's another pic in the sun...

I charted this and will be posting a freebie of it later today or tomorrow morning.  Not sure if you will like it, but I do!   I'll check Blogger help to see how to do it, and I hope some of you will be interested in stitching it.   

I am still undecided about framing Fanny, so here's where she is perched...


A few other things I wanted to bring up.  I've been blog lurking for a few years, and I've never seen Amelia Boyce.  SL has her back on the purchase list, but I really can't see the stitching very well.   Is the cathedral all cross stitch or left bare?  I love the design (and will never stitch it) but it's always intrigued me, especially since I've never seen a close up or an actual stitched piece.  Maybe it was popular before my lurking.  

I have to tell you what happened the other day at McDonald's when I stopped for a quick cup of decaf.  While I was waiting at the counter for the pot to brew, an older gentleman with a toupee as obvious as black on white, looked at me and said "you got some wild hair".   Then he winked.  He was 6'4", his rug was thick, curly, and reddish.  I'm 5'10" with hair that is thick, fuzzy, and REAL.  Can you imagine?   Hub said he probably thought we would make a cute couple.   Or at least command attention.

I'll be back with the chart later.....I'm going to my brother's to see the latest feral litter of six.  He can't keep any more or afford to have any more spayed, so these are going to a farm which kills me.  There will be at least 20 more in nine months.  Mom and three of the babies are calico (99.9% are females) so that's 4 at least.  Our agencies are over run and can't take any more.  He is the only one in his area that is feeding and trying to help these homeless babes.  He just spent another $50 today for antibiotics for two from the last litter.  Thank goodness for ONE vet that will dispense for ferals.  None of our others will help without bringing the animals in.  Do they not understand the word FERAL????

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...