Boring...but necessary

Welcome back to my boring posts, albeit necessary because I am stalling on stitching.   I've been screwing around with these Moda fabrics from Blackbird Designs.  I said I was done, and I did put the other skewed print away, but I started on another color. 

The outcome...

Other side..

And inside..

Yes, I am a fusspot.   I'm not happy with this bag either.  The little strawberries without their hats are to be the zipper pull.  In eighth grade, my home ec teacher asked me to knit a cardigan for her with buttonholes and pockets.  And construct a wool jacket.  I must have been finicky back then!!  One of the reasons these projects were so aggravating was  - lack of a pattern.  I tried to use the design to determine size and without a cutting/sewing pattern, it wasn't a pleasant experience.  Instead of taking my time and measuring properly or making a cutting pattern, I just forged ahead which is a bad habit of mine.  So what am I doing now?  Same thing with stitching....

Instead of starting a large project, which I fully intend in the next few weeks, I decided to just wing it.  I don't think I want to start something with a detailed pattern.  A little freedom is needed.   WHAT??   Did I just say freedom?   Ironic, since the lack of detailed instruction and pattern is what has been riling me.  But right now, if I went to a chart and messed up - which has happened quite a bit in the last projects - I'm afraid I will put it aside completely.  Can't let that happen!!  Can I really continue blaming hot flashes for lack of reasoning?  Sure.  Moving on. This linen color has been calling to me for quite a while.  I never really liked it for my primitive preference, but it has wormed its way into my noggin.  No design for it - never had one. I cut into the yard and survived.  The plan, for lack of a better word, is to just stitch the alphabet on the end of the fabric that will become a flap for a lined pocket.  Kind of like these that I did years ago on a banded linen...
It's just something to do.  It's stitching.  How do you think this will turn out?  It shouldn't take long at all so we'll see.  On another note....I go to my blog to check for updates on your sites that I follow, and just happened to click on one from someone else's blog.  There were new posts that I never saw!  I didn't realize that when I become a follower (adding to my reading list), it doesn't automatically show on my blog roll.  I thought that roll was made up of ALL blogs I follow - wrong again.  So now I won't take any chances and will use the reading list instead. 
Hope you all have a good weekend.  Thanks for reading and commenting - it's really appreciated - especially when I'm not productive!  I promise to change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...