No tree rockets.....yet

Hiya people.  I started decorating and realized that my patience erodes a little more with each passing year.   Surely a 100 teeny light string on a 3' tree should be manageable.  I really like this little guy and he's a newbie, so I didn't position into my throwing stance, or even threaten to.  The family room tree's lights are never removed so I only have to hang ornaments, and I noticed several burned bulbs which can be replaced.   I'm tired of the same old ornaments, and this decorating that I look forward to each year is becoming more tedious than fun.  Age?  Style change?  Laziness?  Whatever the reason, I am putting out less every year and preferring greenery, stitched pieces, dried naturals, and tin.   My feather style trees aren't even getting lights.   I love the big beautifully lit and dressed trees, but I can't seem to handle the task.  My mantel changed several times, I gave my sister most of the ornaments, and one 5' tree still needs lights.   My front door bough is now one branch instead of several, and the buckets of greens are gone.  This is the mantel today, but it probably won't be tomorrow.  The artificial will be replaced with live greens that are sitting in buckets of water in the garage.

 I used my little Schooler Santas and I already feel too cluttered and need to remove them and some of the fruit.   
I put the newly stained ornaments on a wreath in my small kitchen and my husband said he gives them a day before they're gone.  He's probably right.  They will end up on the tree.
One of the doctors I worked for gave everyone an ornament from Wendell August Forge each year, and the managers received a plate.  They have such beautiful items and now have jewelry also.  I thought it was a great idea for an office staff - not too expensive, everyone gets the same, and the longer you work the bigger your collection!  The back is stamped with the design name and year.  Check out their site if you need a gift.  They have ornaments with Bible verse, religious themes, angels, snowmen, Santas, military, baby, you name it.  Excellent selections.

Finally, I have this framed stitched piece that is displayed every year and I am growing tired of it also, even though the design and stitches are so sweet.   Love those big hips.  I still have this chart if someone would like it.   Just email and let me know.
That's it.  I'm done.  I wanted to show a few new charts but I can't find them, nor can I remember what I really wanted to post about.  I figured it would come to me when I started typing ...... ain't happening.  Next time I'll make a note.  I have tablets everywhere that do me no good without the pen, and I would misplace the note anyway so why bother?   Flashes have been really bad again and now my eyebrows are sweating.  My EYEBROWS.  I need them tattooed since the waterproof pencil can't even stay on. 
So have a great weekend everyone and if menobrain gets in gear, I'll post again with whatever the hell it was that I was posting about to begin with. 
Stay safe!  Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...