Baskets on my mind

Hi all.  Did you ever start thinking about an item and then get nutsy about it?  I found a cache of baskets in the attic, some are just ordinary baskets, and some are from many years ago at the shop where I sold items.    They carried only one source - Basketville.  The lady that painted the needlepoint canvases also painted the tops of picnic baskets and I think that's how it started.  I'm assuming the quality is the same as it was, all ash, and very sturdy.  If you're interested in a good picnic or pie basket, or any other style, check their site here
The little one in the first photo is from their site and it's their Treasure Basket.  Adorable. 
The mail basket is perfect for a small sampler display.  I have a wide variety of their styles and some I don't see offered any more, such as these lunch bucket or purse styles. The pie and picnic baskets are great for storage.  I planned on staining or painting them and never did.  Big surprise.  But in a way I'm glad I procrastinated because my choice of finish and color is different than it would have been years ago.

The garden styles are also very sturdy and the large size is where Fanny lives for now.

Picnic baskets make great wedding gifts as do many of their styles for any occasion, especially for those who have everything.   These are basic utilitarian styles, not the Cherokee Comb and other fabulous designs we see from basket makers. 





The Putney Spoke bottom is closest to these old ones but the ash strips look narrower.  I've clicked on each category and found quite a few styles that I would like to order.   Think I have a problem?  See?  I told you I was nutsy.  Sometimes you are so used to seeing items that you forget to really look at them and admire their form.   I guess you could say I love these baskets.
This week is one of early rising.  Today at 5:30 am,  I finally caught the wild male cat we call Bud.  He is at the vet's right now getting a work up along with the latest little girl my brother found. We have to pick him up at 4.   She will be going to Petco and if not adopted in three months, he will take her back.  Thursday I have to take my sister for the other eye's surgery at 6 am (even though the first eye did not have good results at all), and then follow up Friday at 6 am.  I cut back on my chocolate intake and whenever I do, my flashes get more severe and often which doesn't allow for a good sleep.  Just the opposite of how it should be.  Good excuse for continuing the dark pleasure but it has to stop.  I'm tired of getting out summer clothes each year with the expectation that THIS year, they will fit.  They don't.  In fact, they get smaller every year. 
I worked out my kitchen cabinet plans and only have a few things to tweak.  This guy was kind of excited when I showed him what I planned and is anxious to work on the project which means I got the right guy!   He told me what the hourly rate per man is and although I expected it to be high, I was quite surprised at how high.
Remember, if you're entering the Lydia offer, it is for the finished piece, not the chart. 
Have a great week and if not sooner, I'll be back Friday!
Thank you so much for visiting!







No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...