Lydia has a home, small Scottish sampler

Hello everyone.   It has not been a good week and this is just a quick post to show you two projects that I've sewn into pillows or ornaments or whatever the heck they should be called.   I'm making progress on Lucy and continuing with errors that have become the norm with this project.  I still love her.  I'll show her when it's complete.    This is Lydia Hinckley finished.
She is hung over a pretty large basket that I purchased recently at James Creek.  I also visited another shop that I love, The Olde English Shoppe, which I am afraid is closing.  Their place is fabulous, prices too high, but their buyer brings in some unique pieces.  I heard another shop in Boardman Ohio that I didn't even know existed, closed two weeks ago.   The basket is from Ragon House Collection, painted, and very stiff, but it's large and only $20.
The second finish is a sweet little delight with some over one stitching.  I used my standard 28 count and it would be very tiny on a high count linen.  Because of its size, it looked lost on this basket so I moved it to a cupboard and chose Lydia instead.
















This design is older from Chessie and Me but still available.
I purchased a few new charts and when things get better I will show my new stash.  Oh.  One more thing.  I got a lovely letter from Barbara Blundell who stitched my last freebie (memorial) for a friend who had just lost her father.  If you would like to see Barbara's finish for her friend, visit Aimetu's Stitching.  She did a lovely job and it's the first time I saw this chart stitched ~  it looks as I imagined it when charting.  Barbara wrote that she will post her own photo of her finish to her blog later this week, and I want to thank her for writing and showing her work.
That's about it.  Hope you had a great weekend and all the Moms had a wonderfully special day!
Stay safe, talk to you soon. 
Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...