Believe What You Hear, Period

Yesterday, Tim Skubik's Blog was about a poll showing that a majority of Michigan's voters think the President is doing a good job.  The point made in the blog was that it is not indicative of what the majority of the nation thinks.

I've thought about why this is so and I believe that it is because so many in this state believe that only their political party is interested in their welfare.  The other party is evil.  And it doesn't matter which side you are on.

Back when I was in public office we had an opening on our Parks Board and had to make an appointment.  One gentleman being interviewed stated that he had never voted for a Republican and would never do so.  This was said to a Board of Republican majority.  I asked him why I would vote for him if had had never voted for me.  Obviously, he was not chosen.

When I confided to a Republican friend that I had voted for the Democrat (several actually, over the years) in a certain national election, he went crazy.  How could I do such a thing?  Maybe because I did not like the Republican candidate?

Living in a state with a high concentration of blue-collar, labor union oriented workers, I have known many folks who have told me that they vote with their union leaders.  If they say it is good for me, it must be so. 

I can't help wonder if these same people who so eagerly agree with whatever is told to them by someone they deem to be in authority are not the same people who believe that all this snow is due to 'global warming'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...