I think I need a Bigger Shovel

It's February.  I live in Michigan.  It's snowing.  Again.  Or still. Get used to it.

I have 14 inches of snow on my deck.  (Yes, I actually measured it.)  The path I made to my mailbox this morning at seven is already buried in snow.  While the new stuff coming down is very light, winds are blowing snow all over the place. 

My original plans for today were to go to the DSO for the morning concert.  Not wanting to drive home in snow, I have postponed that to Sunday afternoon.  Maybe.  Depends on the weather.

The History Channel has a series entitled "How the Earth was Made".  The introductory two-hour program goes back 4.5 billion years to the formation of the earth.  It also tells us that 40,000 years from now the earth will experience another ice age.

The individual chapters from the first season of the series are fascinating.  We live on a molten planet with uncontollable forces beneath us and in the universe around us.  Earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, asteroids, plate tectonics, and 'pangaea' becomes the world we know today. 

Short of watching the videos, here is a short synopsis of climate change on earth:  Global Warming

Me, I'm gonna go turn up the heat and do some 'house-warming'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...