Books into Movies

There is a section in our Friendshop bookstore in our local library called 'Books into Movies'.  There you can find books that have been made into movies, recently or in the distant past. 

Experience has shown that many times the movie does not resemble the book other than for the title and names of characters.  Most folks will say that the book is better.  It is like something, sometimes everything, is 'lost in translation'.  (A movie also which I absolutely Hated!)

Anyway, opening at theatres today is "Shutter Island".  I love novels that have a good mystery going, especially one that I cannot figure out.  This book was excellent in that regard.  It had me guessing right to the end.  And I still didn't get it. 

I read two reviews this morning and both reviewers gave it excellent marks.  A friend of mine went to a screening last night and I am waiting to hear what she has to say about it. 

I tend to watch most of my movies on DVD as I have little patience for some theatre-goers who treat the theatre like their personal living room.  (Shut up already).  But this time I may make an exception.  I just have to find a time when I think the theatre will be near empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...