Finally, a Menu

After several weeks of debating with myself and searching through recipes, I have finally published my Thanksgiving menu.  Yes, published.  I print out a menu for everyone to see.  While this may sound strange, I have a very good reason for doing so.

During the thirty-eight years I have lived in my home, I have cooked a LOT of holiday meals.  I have served a LOT of food at parties, too.  I have also NOT served food.  This is because I would forget it in the fridge or even on the stove. 

So, the printed menu serves as reminder to at least look for the food on the list.  I am sure my forgetfulness will only get worse.  Looking for a vase for the potpourri I purchased today, I found instead my candle vases from last Thanksgiving.  I had forgotten about them.  The vase I was looking for?  Who knows.  And I can't find the table runner I wanted to use.  This all comes from having too much 'stuff'.  Both in my house and in my brain.  System overload.

So, for those who are interested, here is the menu:

Brie en croute, Fig jam, Sliced apples

Sparkling Pomegranate Juice


Chestnut Soup


Salt-Roasted Turkey w Giblet Gravy

Mashed Golden Potatoes

Roasted Butternut Squash

Caramelized Brussels Sprouts w Shallots & Bacon

Spinach Salad w Pears, Walnuts, Goat Cheese - Raspberry Vinaigrette

Brandied Cranberry Chutney

Cranberry Walnut Cornmeal Bread


Chocolate Raspberry Chambord Torte

Coffee and Assorted Teas

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...