And the finish is......

Option #4!   Which wasn't available yesterday.  This is a first for me.  Two posts in 24 hours. 
 My brilliant idea didn't work.  When I did the nun stitch on the sampler bottom, the linen thread edges were sticking out and I wasn't a happy girl lady woman.  I realized that the only way this would not look like a patch job was to have the nun stitch on the added piece, sewn over the sampler's linen.  So I sewed the edge by hand to prevent further raveling and when I moved my arm to grab the phone, the needle and all the linen threads came with it!  So now the edge was even shorter.  The machine sewing is still the best when it's a matter of losing more threads and it worked nicely...














I did the edge stitch on the piece to be added and then removed two threads to turn it back with less bulk.  Once again, attaching by hand was not going well, so I went to the machine and just stitched into the nun stitch, then cut away the excess beneath.  I think it turned out very nice.  If you didn't know the sordid details of this episode, you'd have no idea it's a patch job. 

So I started playing with where to hang it.  Several options....

 On an interior door...





on the side of a cabinet...

 on my jelly cupboard's door...    





in the window without the fabric backing...
 in the window with the backing.

And then I spotted this.....from Pennsylvania Basket Company.



Well, that about clinched it. 


I may frame it later by removing the added fringe and sewing a binding to the bottom for mounting.




I want to thank Irene from Starry-eyed-stitcher for correctly identifying the nun stitch for me.  After searching my Proper Stitch and not finding anything close, I was about to give up.  Without your help Irene I couldn't have completed this as I did and I'm happy with the results.  So what's next?  My order for Scarlett House's Coverlet Birds came last week and I just found it yesterday so I may start it tonight before I misplace it again.  I plan on using Sampler Threads if I have enough of a comparable color.  If not, DMC will be fine.  But hey, you know how this goes.  The project never ends up being what I planned!!  To be continued.....

I had a problem with yesterday's post and had to keep re-publishing until it appeared - we'll see how it goes today.  Thanks for reading and for everyone's help and suggestions.  It is greatly appreciated, and certainly needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...