Slow progress-but hey-it's progress

Hello everyone.  First of all, I listed a bunch of chart photos on the Soon to Sell tab if you want to get an idea of the types of charts I will be listing on EBay.  Nothing related to samplers though-mostly Christmas.  This is really going to be a PITA and take quite a while.  Moving on...

This sampler should have been done by now but as usual, isn't.  I'm still loving it though.  The motifs have a few color changes - there is a lot of pink (407) and I decided to make the swan ecru and some of the fruit 902. 


The landscapers were here yesterday and I had been getting things ready for them so I was busy with those chores.  All the storm damage is repaired now and only a few chores remain which they will do in a few weeks.  It's hard to believe summer is almost over.  Being a procrastinator, my contractors aren't lined up for the house repairs that I planned on this fall.  THIS FALL.  That's right around the bend and it's my own fault if nothing gets done.  Indecision is a big part of procrastinating.  If I knew what I wanted, had a plan, or didn't change my mind depending on flash intensity, I would get much more accomplished.   I guess it's the same when choosing a new stitching project.  Those of you that kit a chart are smarter than I am - it's ready for action!  I waste time trying to decide which linen, do I cut into a yard or search for a piece, most need recalculated because of count, am I sticking with those thread colors, yadda yadda.  So should I kit a few pieces so I have no excuse?  Of course.  But which ones?  Oh no....what a vicious circle.

I was so taken with Hanging on by a Thread's purse finish here and then With Thy Needle and Thread's mother of pearl purse here, I decided to search for a purse frame.  I found a very small one and the next size was a bright silver that had clasps the size of bowling balls. 


But I did find these sweet little single and double drawers which I plan on sanding, painting, and attaching a pincushion or strawberry on top.  They're cheap and light, made from balsa wood probably, but I think they are adorable.



On the way back from hub's trip to get a new fishing rod, we stopped at Mr. D's in Ohio and I got my stash for the freezer.  I have a very old wonderful recipe for making home made whipped cream frosting, but ask your local grocery store bakery if they sell it, and voila!  Easy as can be.  I always buy these large tubs and freeze them.  Some stores charge a lot, this one doesn't and it's the same icing they use on their orders.  They also sell the butter cream but I prefer the less sweet whipped cream.   

 This is my mother's signature birthday cake and still our family favorite.  It's a sponge or chiffon and has such a lovely texture.  This one is chocolate chip, which is the basic sponge recipe with shaved bittersweet or semi-sweet baking chocolate pieces throughout.  The other is called mahogany, same basic except with cocoa, no shavings, and a flavor that is not like the traditional box cake chocolate.  Neither of these are sweet - they are just perfect.

See the wonderful sponginess?  Of course, this is the test piece before icing...a good baker always tests the product to ensure the quality.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.   This shape is perfect for testing.  A skinny slice missing?  A gentle push and the opening heals and disappears.  Depending of course on how many slices you test. 

Well I guess that's enough non-stitching information for a while.  I'm heading outside to work on my sampler.  If we go to Shaker Woods this weekend I'll take a few pictures to show you how neat this woodland shopping experience is.   Take care everyone, thank you for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...