The fringe element

Hello guys and dolls.  I finished the stitching on France F ....

Now for the big decision.  If you remember, the fabric is 27 instead of 28 and that made a big enough difference to short me in this long sampler for continuing the fringe.  So here's what I came up with..

I need to back the sampler with fabric anyway so I played around with it before I even finished stitching.  I took a piece of the same linen and sewed it to the inside bottom of the backing.

When I lay the sampler over the back, the linen piece extends.  My decision is whether to do the nun stitch across the bottom where it will hide the seam, and then fringe the added piece, or just hem the bottom without fringe as the top is.






The backing will be hand stitched along the inside of the nun stitches, and you can see how the added linen will be hidden inside.  If I do the nun properly, you may never know.  I was excited about this idea and then changed my mind.  Big surprise.  Whenever a decision of any kind is needed, I waffle.  Then I finally settle, and the waffle comes back.  My husband always encourages me to buy the item that I don't want because he knows I'll be back for it the next day.  Framing was originally not an option for me, but the chart's photo shows it framed right up to the sampler's border and I'm liking it now.  Right now, at 7:38 pm, I am planning on hemming the top and bottom and having just the sides fringed.  Or continuing the nun stitch and adding the linen piece.  Well....for sure it won't be framed tomorrow.  Maybe later after I live with the fringe...or no fringe...for a while.  Or a day.  I'm on a carb high right now, so we'll see what tomorrow brings.  Whatever it is, I just love this sampler and it's colors (even the ones I changed), and I'm sorry I didn't stitch this years ago.

Here's my little buddy that is giving me another dilemma. 
  
She is constantly rolling and pawing around me as I sit outside, but I haven't tried to pet her.  With no movement or threat on my part, she will all of a sudden draw blood from my legs.  Yesterday she started eating while I held the dish - no problem.  Today, after all the rolling,  rubbing, and meowing, she turned and swiped my leg again.  She's not playing.  When I bent over to set her food down, she lunged at my face.   And I think she is pregnant.  Not sure how this will play out.   

So the next post will be fringe or no fringe, but backed and displayed.......oh no.   Where?  How?  Damn these decisions.   Do they have a pill for this?  
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...