Too close for comfort

Hello people.  Menobrain struck again.  How many of you knew this was coming??  I started getting nervous about having enough fabric to complete this sampler so I stitched the border and held my breath.  The closer I came to the bottom, the more I realized an error.   Instead of the 15" as I planned, it's 15.8"  

Not a big deal unless you're doing something as daring stupid as I am.   In recalculating, as my GPS does continuously, that is the exact measurement for 27 - NOT 28 count.  You wouldn't think that one thread is so critical, but in a 212 stitch length - it is! 











So what are my options? 
#1 - I could leave it as it and do a very small hem instead of fringe at the bottom.
#2 - Stop the border design where the straight green thread is and instead continue the bottom row as a single row of stitches.

#3 - Rework the design to take up 12 stitches in order to keep the border design and have enough room for fringe.  WHAT?
#4 - Fringe the bottom directly under the border, trim the side fringe to match. 
#5 - Forget the fringe.  Do a small hemstitch close to the border, mount it on mat board, and frame it.

I'm not sure if it's important to have the same width of fabric (before the fringe) on the bottom as the sides, since the top will be hemmed close to the border.


I've come a long way since starting this blog.  Six months ago, one raging hot flash and this project would have been ash in the blink of an eye.  But I really like these colors and the easy stitch and have no intentions of not completing the design on this fabric.   






So while I ponder my options, I have another decision to make.  Chocolate?  Or pretzels dipped in peanut butter?


Thank you all for the emails regarding your concern over my doctor's lack of knowledge.  But really, she is great and I don't fault her for not recognizing this.  It's uncommon and temporary, and the radiologist even came out to test for herself after the tech sent the images.   She had not seen it before either.  Long story short, they thought it was the lymphatic system since it mimics an also uncommon condition caused by breast cancer, but it's an inflamed (for no obvious reason) vessel carrying blood.   Who knew?  
And the decision is made.  It will be a piece of chocolate, followed by peanut butter dipped pretzels.   As for the bigger decision,  I've already completely ruled out three of the options and am focusing on one.  For now, until further flash, it will be hemmed and framed on a mat board.
Thanks for reading, your concern, and your comments!  Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...