Beam me up Scotty

I love Science Fiction.  I do not always understand it.  I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen the Matrix movies.  And couldn't explain it if my life depended on it. 
'Battlestar Gallactica', though, I loved and understood.  The youngest of my three sons did not like it. He said it was too political. Well, it was. But I understood it. I didn't like it, but I knew why people played the games they played to survive. C'mon, their world had been destroyed and they did not know whom to trust.  Watching all of it on DVD or the internet over a three month period helped it stay fresh in my mind (versus five seasons on TV).  And 'The Plan' was a hoot.  The Cylons had a plan and I would constantly be asking, 'WHAT is it?'

For something more realistic, that may have been science fiction to our grandparents when they were young, I highly recommend 'From Earth to the Moon'.  It is a twelve hour series that was done for HBO.  Sadly, when I watched the episodes of the later moon landings, I did not remember that men had lived up there for three days.  I guess I got so used to men in space, I went on with my business.  If nothing bad happened, I didn't pay much attention.  Shame on me.

The space program was ultimately killed by, you guessed it, politics.  Hard for me to find the good in that.  If we are going to kill something off, I say let it be politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...