Addendum

Of note on my trip to DC:  If you look at the books I am currently reading, you will see "On Hallowed Ground".  This book details the taking of the Robert E. Lee home in Virginia at the start of the Civil War and the establishment of Arlington Cemetery.  Not going into detail here, but the trip to view the Custis Mansion, now referred to as Arlington House, was much more interesting after reading the book.  Thanks especially to the very knowledgeable Parks Service guide who spoke with me for a very long time about the home and the actions of Lee in making his very difficult decision to defend his home and the Commonwealth of Virginia at the risk of losing the legacy provided to his wife by her father, the son of Martha Custis Washington (George's wife), and his commission in the US Army.  The last time I went to Arlington was back in the 70's.  I'm very glad I went again.
Robert E. Lee home at Arlington

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...