January Wrap-up

It is the end of the month and the end of the first month for this blog. 

I have just spent four days in DC.  It is one of my favorite cities, along with Chicago, New York, San Francisco and Paris.  They all have great sites to see, great food, and great public transportation.  While some could argue that Detroit has two of these (not me), no one could say that Detroit has great public transportation;  more like non-existent.  While there are attempts at same, the schedules and routes fall far short of convenience.  Imagine being able to take the train from the airport right to your hotel as I did on this trip and, from DC, being able to ride the rails to New York City.  Think how much money you could save if you did not have to own, insure, and maintain a vehicle.  Unfortunately, I will not see that improvement here in my lifetime.

Note to self:  DO NOT ever fly late in the day again.  I know better.  Sometimes one has to have a late afternoon or evening flight, like when flying to Europe.  The big problem with these flights are that the later in the day, the more likely of a delay, and I have experienced just that.  I prefer to fly between 10 am and noon.  But this time I agreed to take a flight after 6 pm.  Bad idea.  There was a snowstorm in DC and even though I got on an earlier flight, I arrived home later than my original flight was supposed to land.  I am beat.

On the upside, I had a good night's sleep in my own bed with no hammering.  Yes, hammering.  The Grand Hyatt is being renovated.  So, we listened to noise at all hours even though we were seven floors above the construction.  After a few complaints they sent up a complimentary bottle of wine and some fruit.  I think they were trying to knock us out for the night.

I came home to over 150 emails, not counting junk.  I have yet to go through my mail and I still need to unpack.  So, that's it for now.  Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...