Another Lydia and Eunice

Good day to you.  Thanks for the help in choosing a small sampler ~ I chose Eunice Birchard from The Scarlet Letter.  Two reasons ~
1.  Patience was my first choice but I always waffle and wish I would have chosen the second, so now I go right to #2.  It saves time and frustration. That would be Eunice.
2.  I saw "God save America" in the middle and thought it was appropriate in an election year.  Even though America seems to be excluding God wherever possible.
I'm ready for the rice stitch and need to refresh my knowledge for proper execution.  Months ago, that execution would have been a different type, usually involving a lighter and flames, but I've been a really good girl lady stitcher.




Now for Lydia.  Lydia Broome.  I miss a lot of the new releases and never even saw many of the older. But while browsing blogs last night, I visited Pineberry Lane and saw this new design.  I got all warm and fuzzy.  Love at first sight.  I hope they don't mind my snagging their photo.  I'm not adding this to my list of charts to purchase because I want it NOW.  Besides.....can't find the list.



Hannah Way will probably be after Patience and I wanted to show you the instruction for the seven-step cross, which she used and I won't, and also the marking stitch.

The over one area has missing stitches but they would obviously be "thy dear Saviour's birth" and I will stitch the missing area.
It's bad enough to have visitors look around and wonder why everything is stained with coffee, let alone missing parts of the letters.  I'm taking the time to kit a few of the smaller projects because it is such a chore to find the right size and shade of linen in my mess.  I have so many odd sizes and always spend time trying to use those before cutting into that yard of linen.  Gives me the bejeebers just thinking about it.

JoAnn's was having a sale of 50% off all interfacing and batting bolts.  The midweight is one I never tried, I use the featherweight, and prefer Craft Fuse but they had none.  I am so pleased with storing them in these envelopes along with the directions for each.  The thickest batting is 54" wide and I got two yards.  When I tried to remove the bag it exploded like a self inflating raft.
Last purchase was at the antique mall for this 36" long skinny old box and after much time wasting, decided I like the less is more approach.   I had it horizontal with so many small items in it, changing every half hour, and now I can't remember where they all belong.  It will be hung on the wall and I think I'll look for an even longer dipper gourd or maybe hang two thin ones in the space. 


That's about it.  I hope everyone is having a enjoyable weekend.
  Thank you so much for visiting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...