Frogging season

Hiya.  Hope you are staying cool and safe!  Lots of stuff happening and I hope the worst is over and everyone has come through unscathed. 
We finally got a little rain yesterday and these positions should tell you how hot it is.  She slept for hours like this!
Eliza is not going as well as I had hoped.  Not only did I have to remove and restart twice because of positioning, but as I did the alphabet, I realized these beautiful bright colors were not sitting well.  I've seen designers use the original bright colors and also offer the faded versions created by time.  So I thought I would stick to the same color family and choose a more subdued version.    The charted skein is top and my choice beneath.  Those colors in the top border are charted and I decided to not remove them and see how they fit in.  Alphabets and another border, still not happy.  Is there a tutorial on frogging?  And how did that term come to be? 
I have always removed the thread from the top instead of using the Lift 'n Snip. 

I've only had one mishap with those but it seems to take so much longer to remove the threads and I have a mess to clean up.  I guess it's up to the stitcher which she prefers since both methods are favored in certain areas.  I used both (for variety) since I've done it so many times already.  But if it doesn't feel right or look right to us, better to take the time to remove and get what we want before going any further.  Maybe it's the 32 count that looks more refined and smooth compared to the rougher 28's I usually use.  Maybe it's the color of the linen that isn't warm or dark enough.  Something.  I may end up going back to the original colors on darker linen and have a very nice sampler that isn't my style, or cut down on the number of colors and stick to the ones I prefer.  I hate to change the linen but a few letters with these colors on another piece wouldn't hurt.  Look at the time I've wasted already!   Better grab a small freebie or another Santa while I'm thinking.  I am determined to stitch her and don't want to change designs.  We'll see. 
I also want to mention that I downloaded a program to check for spyware and ads which seems to be throwing a lot of emails into the junk pile.  I rarely check it but did recently and found that even some comments (which are emailed to me) end up there.  If you emailed a question and I didn't get back to you, try again!  I'm sorry if I missed you!  I guess I better change the settings to not delete or block any messages.

Leaving you with a picture of the babies.  The mid day raccoons that I've been feeding (all moms) have now brought the babes out!  One big momma has FIVE little ones.  Yesterday one came running up to me and I had to get that bread out quick!  Several of my brother's friends trapped and removed their mid day visitors so I doubt if the babies survived.  They are coming later and later in the day and some not at all now that the babes are out of the nest. 
I'll be working outside today and thinking about what to do while I'm on the tractor in the dust ball it creates.   Hopefully, something will click and it won't be a bone.
Thank you so much for visiting and have a wonderful week!

p.s.  Ever since I scolded spellchecker about not having menobrain or hysterectobelly is its database, it quit working.  Please excuse any spelling errors until we reconcile.
The boys are back in town!


No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...