My swing needs a sampler

Greetings!  Hope you enjoyed the 4th and everyone is staying cool.  I heard that power should be restored to all storm areas soon - hope that's true.  A cold wet towel across the back of the neck or shoulders helps but where do you get cold anything without refrigeration?  
I sit outside on my swing in the afternoon and evenings for a while and realized the current sampler project is too big for that.  I checked stash and found  several smaller ones but when trying to determine size (it irks me when the count isn't shown on the chart) I found that these young sweet girls just couldn't do a plain cross stitch.   I just want a simple design that is easy to follow and I was surprised at how many charts included the Queen stitch that I am trying to avoid.   Most also have over one stitching but not very much.  I may still find it, but these are what I came up with so far.  First off is Hannah Way.  Remember her?  Small but mighty.


Next up is Patience Ross.


This chart seems a little odd with strips of graph sideways but I think it would be easy to decipher once started.




The next contestant is Frances Ragsdale.  Mostly cross stitch but lots of eyelet and some other odd stitch.

 

Eunice Birchard looks tame but that large alphabet is rice stitch.

I love the colors of Ann Price but after the top alphabet, the rest is ALL eyelet!
I was leaning toward Eunice today, but as my flashes intensify the heat index, Patience Ross is looking better.  When I'm sitting in the heat and then set on fire by hormones, I feel like a comic book hero that could create spontaneous combustion at the least bit of aggravation.   The sampler of least resistance would be the best choice.  I may find something else tomorrow or pick a small freebie.  Wish me luck!! 
 Thank you very much for visiting and have a great and safe weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...