Frogging season part 2

Hello everybody.  You won't believe it.  Well....maybe you will.  Before I get to the floss dilemma, I want to wish you all a celebratory but safe 4th.  My old 8' pull-down style flag is pretty faded so I moved it to the deck and got a new one. 
The pull-downs are always too long at 8' but I like the style.  Why did it take me years to  buy a 3x5 and fold it back?  I don't believe cutting to create the other style would be considered defacing,  but mine is folded and stitched to the back because I may change my mind and want the full 3 x 5 size. It's a perfect fit for a door and here's the end result. 














Here's my old one hanging on the deck.  I love the way it looks at night.
On to the floss.  So what happens to the sampler threads over the years?  Fading if in light, dingy and dirty from age.  It wouldn't become a warmer shade, more of a ..... gray.   Rit's pearl gray?   Possibly.   Oh no!!  I'm dyeing again!  Half of these skeins were dipped as a test and I'm anxious to try the others. 

There is a good possibility that I will stick with the original thread colors and dunk them into the dye.  I still may have to change a few but this could be the answer to future projects too, instead of wasting time pulling other colors.  I was wondering if after graying the colors I should do a quick bleach dip to get a faded look, and then decided it isn't worth it.  Never thought of this before so between the folded flag and the floss aging, I'm either on a roll or way behind the wagon.  
Thanks for your visit and have a safe holiday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...