A little finish and a lot of threads

Hi fellow stitchers.  Thanks for all the comments on the new stash.  A few readers mentioned that they would love to see them finished.  Me too.  I didn't need any more charts, that's for sure, but I liked them and was afraid when they are gone, they're gone forever.  Just couldn't take that chance, especially for $5.  So does that make me a cheap chart hoarder? 
I happened to find this little free chart from Pineberry Lane while searching for their Wool design that I misplaced.  I took the photo of the chart for the prior post to show where I erred and ..... well, you know the rest.  It's close.  I can feel it.
I used a dark red star print for the back and felt it was too small for the envelope closure so I left the short end open instead of the bottom.  Used my trusty Liquid Stitch to close the seam and then attached the bells.  I like them on the corners too and may change it, but when displaying in a bowl you can't see them on the bottom.  I shouldn't have used two strands on the end finishing and may re-do that too.  Why not just do the whole damn thing over????  I tried something a little different when using the glue closure and I like the change.  Instead of pressing the hem to the inside and then filling, I pressed to mark the hem, but didn't turn it in until the filling was in place.  Folding the hem OVER the filling allowed the stuffing to be more even, and the glue was only on the inside hem, not through two layers of fabric since the stuffing is between the outside fabric and the inside hem.  You know what I mean?  Moving on. 


I found these threads (again) and really don't know what to do with them.  I like the reds and will keep those for Santa, but what are these mostly used for? 
Some of it is so tightly twisted and thick, are they to be separated or not?  Wildflowers looks like it should be used as one strand but I have no idea what type of design calls for these threads.  Lots of flower thread.  Why? 





These wool/silk blends are foreign to me too.
I love the red in the Needle Necessities, but what they heck is this thick blue stuff?
I visited Caron's website for info but the photos will not open.  Maybe tomorrow (after gum surgery) I'll take some time to read about their threads to see if I can use any of them.  That's enough confusion for one day.  I still haven't planned the kitchen and it will be September in a few weeks.  Ouch.  That even hurt to say it.  I'm putting the few names that are willing to give Stella a home in a bowl and will let you know next post whose name was drawn.
Thanks for visiting.  Have a great week and stay safe!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
p.s.  I just noticed that my Dannon Oikos is only 5.3 oz.!  I thought it was 6 oz. like Chobani which is in the same container.   I need to pay more attention as a consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...