Winner and loser

Hello!  Hope your weekend is going well.  Random selected a name for me and it is Anonymous Barbara.  I looked up the Anonymous entries and Barbara left her email address - thank you!!  I'll be sending a note asking for your address and will mail your boxes Monday morning.  Thank you everyone for participating.  I was feeling bad that I only had one offer so ...well....you know how that guilt thing goes.  I may have to go get another box or something.  I really appreciate all of you wanting these little boxes of mine so I may have to get busy.  Now for the loser....
ME!!!  While I was deciding on a sampler, I thought I would knock out Pineberry Lane's Wool Pinkeeps.  A wonderful stitching bud gifted me with a piece of the 18th Century Rook linen and I am using Medici wool for the thread.  I found skeins of ecru, gray, and black and I think it's appropriate for this Wool design.  So take a look at what I stitched.. and then look at the actual chart.
Putz.  Pure putz.  I stitched the two W arms with the two stitch row NEXT to the left one instead of UP!  I looked at this chart over and over and why I did this, I haven't a clue.  One long look and I thought - holy cow that's one big W!  Good thing I caught it now!  It wasn't easy removing this wool thread but duct tape removed the fuzz and I'm starting over.  I am having a problem with the linen and will try to show it here.   One side of the linen is darker and more aged looking than the other but do you see a difference in the weave?  The one on the right (which I am stitching on) appears to be a honeycomb and the other side (left photo) looks like what I am used to seeing.  I'm having a heck of a time but like the darker side.  Never saw this before and maybe it's just me!!

We finally had rain and it's cold here - I'm not a happy camper.  But my portulaca paint can pots finally bloomed! 

Tomorrow I will be posting all the new charts from R&R.  Have a great Sunday!  Thank you again for participating and visiting!
Talk to you soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...