Marking samplers and sources #2!

Hello stitching buds. I'm almost finished with the over one (AUGH!!) on Eunice and decided on a simple black frame. I messed up with the starting point of the single thread journey and it's one thread off in the top area. You can see how close it is to the V. Too bad. There was no way I was removing it, even though I caught it at this point.


I wanted to answer a few questions emailed to me about finding out of print charts and ordering new ones. First off, Thistle Needleworks has a listing of #19801 through #43000 of older charts, many of which are already gone.  You can use Control+F keys to create a search bar at the top for a particular item or designer, or just browse through.  Another is Old Stitch and you can choose a category to browse.  There isn't a lot of samplers but they have a nice selection of Christmas, Santas, and other topics.  Inventory seems to change often so check back.  Another that I have never ordered from is Cobweb Corner. And of course, there's Ebay.  When I search for a particular design, I save it.  Getting an email whenever the item first lists saves me from constantly checking and I won't miss an opportunity to bid.  I received an email a few days ago that the Plantation Sampler was newly listed as Buy it Now for $4.95 with free shipping.  Needless to say, it didn't last long.  Without these email notifications, lots of charts are gone before I even know they were listed!
As for purchasing, a lot of designs I did in the past and even now are from The Scarlet Letter, and R&R Reproductions.  I prefer marking samplers and found a great selection with these two.  You can order both through Homespun Samplar, which I just did again.  I haven't found the R&R selection anywhere else and for the $5 and up prices along with the quality of their packets, a great deal.   There are other online shops that I use too and one carrying the R&R charts whose name I can't remember!  She has much clearer photos of the pieces than Homespun does and although I Googled, still can't find her.  I prefer the marking style for several reasons, #1 being that I am a stitch wimp.  I prefer simple stitching.  #2, if I had to constantly change thread colors or count numerous linen threads to place a small element, I would give up.  When an intense hot flash hits, it makes me fidgety and I have to get up, walk around, open a door, jump out a window, stand in front of an open fridge, all of the above, bathe.  When I settle down and return, coming back to a row of letters or a large house is much easier than having to locate and count in a motif or large border.  And #3, I like 'em.  The simplistic alphabet, primitive creatures, houses, and odd elements of a stitching lesson, are what drew me to samplers in the beginning.  Sure there were young ladies who created elaborate and complex samplers, but I prefer to stitch their laid-back cousin's work.  Viewing these pieces is fascinating and I enjoy seeing all types, but for now I have no patience to stitch them so in my stash they will stay.
I wanted to link a sweet free chart that Ann was nice enough to pass along from the Gentle Art folks here.  Another that has some of my favorite frees is The Workbasket.

My husband makes these egg pancakes called Pizzarelles with wild mushrooms and he decided to modify the recipe for zucchini. No mushrooms yet! It's chopped bell peppers, onions, lots of eggs, parmesan, seasoned bread crumbs, and twice squeezed shredded zukes fried in very little oil. Damn they were good. We even ate them cold. I think we should all post at least one of our go-to zuke recipes this month. And don't forget about the chocolate zucchini cake recipe I posted! Fabulous.
Have a great weekend everyone. Stay safe and enjoy the final month of summer which is breaking my heart.
Thank you much for visiting!!

Added note - my preview of the first post was fine but after seeing the post - it was all HTML and I couldn't correct it so hopefully this new post will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...