Distractions

After talking with my hub about what I posted, he simply said "distraction". Exactly. A diagnosis for my stitching slump. It wasn't just my parents that I was dealing with.  Mother-in-law a week before my mom, sister-in-law (and best friend) three weeks before mom, father-in-law a year later after lengthy illness, and finally our much loved 15 year old Lab.  Everyone has to deal with these issues, but I guess it was just too much for my menopausal brain to handle.  ANY distraction is a problem for me.  Miss one stitch in a border and I'm cooked.  So what's my problem now?  I do hate to cut into a yard of linen - feels like I'm causing disfigurement - but I have plenty of smaller pieces to use.  And plenty of large, small, intermediate samplers, pincushions, little freebies, santas, yada yada.  So why did I order these recently?


Because I love santas, birds, and I want to stitch Eliza with family names for my Christmas tree, including my BJ that I miss so much.  And this.....

I still have a way to go on organizing. I lost two friends last year and inherited their stash. SO many things to get rid of and linens to identify, and magazines, and threads. I'll have one huge listing on EBay or maybe here when it's time.  I made the mistake of trying to incorporate when I should have kept their items separate. But I'll get there. I feel it coming on - not as intense as the flash I'm having right now - but it's strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...