Death Tax?

Here's one our nerd Governor missed: 

As of January 1, 2011 it costs money to die in Seattle. King County, which includes Seattle, has instituted a $50 fee for reporting a death to the Medical Examiner's Office. If you don't pay, you don't get the permission and paperwork needed in order to be buried.

If you think this sounds ridiculous, it is, nevertheless, absolutely true.  The online article gave me my first smile of the day.  And that was because I could envision bodies piling up all over with relatives saying, 'Oh, WTH?' and government sitting around waiting for their money.  How crazy can you get?

Sounds like a case of someone protecting their job, more than providing a needed service or oversight.  Just when I think I have heard all of the craziness possible, I am again proved wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...