Remember 1994?

Does anyone out there remember the 1994 elections?  On the day after them a friend of mine said that the Republicans were taking over for good after their 54-seat increase in the House of Representatives.  I laughed and told him to wait two years.  I told him that with Newt Gingrich leading the charge, they were sure to find defeat in 1996.  And two years later the Republicans gave up nine of their House seats.  In addition, though maintaining control of the House, they lost the popular vote and Bill Clinton got a second term as President.  Even I voted for him.

I am thinking of all of this as I watch what is going on in Wisconsin and Michigan.  They say elephants never forget, but obviously these elephants do not only forget history, they forget who votes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...