Toast

Starting this blog has brought back a few memories of situations proving my hub's diagnosis of "distraction".  Two in particular still bring a chuckle.  I had someone stay with mom so we could get out of the house for a little while, and we needed to stop at our car dealership.  As we were driving, I was pensively looking out my side window and very quiet.  Hub gets out and heads to the service department door and I got out and went into the front to look at all the new vehicles, just for something to do.  I was looking at a white diamond Cadillac Escalade and admiring the paint, (no, I don't and won't own an Escalade!) then on to a few Jeeps, telling the salesman that I was just waiting for my hub.  I did notice that all the salespeople were out on the floor and watching me.  I mean really keeping an eye on me and I was getting uncomfortable.  What was it?  Did I look that confused and depressed that they were concerned?  Were my pants split?   Hmm.  Well, I left and went back to our car, staring out my window again.   My hub returned and knowing I needed quiet time, just started driving me around for a ride on a beautiful sunny day.  After a while, we started talking and as I was getting choked up, I turned my head from my window view to look at him.  He started laughing harder than he had in a while.  I was stunned.  He then told me to pull down the visor mirror and take a look.  The tears started flowing - from laughter!  I hadn't laughed that hard in years.  Just to show you how out of it I was, (my husband said I was toast), unaware of something that should have been obvious, these were on my face.......


I can't imagine what those salespeople thought!  The incident brought me to tears so many times for a long while after.  It was a release that I needed and laughing hard enough to cry was wonderful.  I'll tell you about the second incident next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...