The Day After - Super Sunday

I did not watch the Super Bowl yesterday.  I have not watched it in many years.  Boys gone, no more sports on TV.

I mean, why waste time watching on Sunday, when you can watch all the commercials, football-free, on Monday.  As a matter of fact, this year I actually saw some before the game was even on.

So, while I have not seen all of them yet, I must give a nod to a few.  First, the football fans.  The NFL did a nice job with this one, although I am sure some young people will not know all the characters. 

Then there is Eminem and Chrysler.  Whoever came up with that ad deserves a bonus.  Update:  2/8/11  I am told the ad cost $9 million, so forget the bonus.  I'll just clap.  And despite all the controversy it caused, I think it beats the talking babies and animal tricks.  But then, I am not your average Joe watching TV. 

And for those of us who are die-hard 'Star Wars' fans, a little chuckle with the VW ad.

Most times I tune out the ads on TV.  Some are downright irritating, especially the insurance commercials of late (with the exception of that Australian lizard).  Super Bowl ads are in a separate category.  Nice job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...