Remember this

Headline in the online Oakland Press:  TOWN HALL at 4 p.m. to discuss Rick Snyder's proposed budget

The speakers will be Rep. Melton and Rep. Moss.  I hope that Rep. Moss remembers a few things from years past.

In 2007 I was considering a run for State office.  I met with Rep. Moss and members of the Republican Party.  Obviously, running without party support is not a great idea if you want to win.

So, off to Lansing I went.  We spent a good 45 minutes to an hour discussing my pro-choice stance.  It did not play with the men.  Then we moved on to gun control.  I told them if they kept their hands off my uterus, I would keep my hands off their guns.  Did not go over well, to say the least. 

Anyway, those issues were incidental to my being asked if I would have supported Governor Granholm's tax increases.  I said that I thought the income tax should have stayed at the higher levels instead of rolling it back and that I favored a state tax on services.  BZZZT.  Buzzer alert.  WRONG answer.

See my name on a ballot in 2008?  Of course not.  I hope that the Republican Party and Rep. Moss remember all of that when they start looking at taxing seniors' pensions.  This is OK how in relation to a service tax?  Or any other for that matter. 

What ever happened to the mantra of Governor Engler:  Promises Made, Promises Kept.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...