Chomping at the Bit?

I am sitting here listening to the news on the radio.  It is not good for my health, but I would need to leave my computer and wander into another room to turn it off.  Instead, I am sitting here blogging and thinking.  The way I figure it, Democrats in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Michigan must be chomping at the bit and foaming at the mouth getting ready for the 2012 elections.

How is it possible that in less than three months in 2011, three Republican led states have decided to take on public workers?  First Wisconsin voted against collective bargaining for public employees, then the Michigan Governor decided to suggest a tax on their pensions, and now the Ohio legislature has voted to ban collective bargaining by public employees.

They must think public employees only vote Democratic (wrong) and so the Republican legislators feel they have nothing to lose.  But the way I see things, many, many folks are really independent voters.  Just because they are in a union does not mean they vote as they are told.  And if some of these folks voted for the Republicans, you can be pretty sure they will not do so again.  Plus, I have heard Republicans criticizing the Michigan Governor.

What I want to know is this:  Why is everyone so angry at public employees who are still performing their jobs?  And do these legislators still think they will get quality employees with lower pay and little benefits?  In these cold, Northern states?  Where is the 'quality of life' in that?

I am sure the Democrats are huddled up someplace just watching as these Republicans insert both feet in their mouths.  It's 1996 all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...