Guess No One wants to follow My Suggestion

Yesterday, I blogged about folks writing and saying things without knowing all the facts.   Today, I sit down with my coffee to read my local paper and there is a letter from an attorney in West Bloomfield berating the four sensible members of the Township Board.

Among the things he says is that the Clerk may be in violation of the Hatch Act of 1939 for sending out press releases.  Really?  The Act  is a Federal Law whose main provision is to prohibit Federal civil servants from engaging in partisan political activity.  The Hatch Act also applies by extension to certain employees of state and local governments whose positions are primarily paid for by federal funds.

The operative word here is 'Federal Funds'.  Since when is the Clerk's salary, or her Deputy's, paid for with Federal dollars?  The only Federal dollars I am aware of are those grants received for Homeland Security after 9/11.

Anyway, how is sending out a press release telling residents how much a lawsuit is costing us a partisan political activity?   They are ALL DEMOCRATS!!!

The writer then goes on to say that the Judge has made a decision in favor of the Supervisor and against trustees, who are sending their money to a Township Benevolent Fund to help township residents in need of assistance, instead of filling the pockets of themselves and the IRS.  As of last week, I was still not aware that a decision has been made.

I googled this guy.  (Sometimes I wonder how I ever got along without 'google'.)  The only attorney I could find with his name is a divorce attorney in Sterling Heights.  AHA.  Macomb County.  Tells me a lot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

make the t shirts from here

T-shirt transfer-this is the only method that I ever try if you have a shirt I own. You buy a t-shirt transfer sheets, print design, and ir...